Following up on the most requested features for App.FunRetrospectives.com, we are excited to introduce two more energizers activities that have been added to the App: “Spot the Movies” and “Caption This.”
These activities are simple and effective. Now, you only need to share the online board link with participants and ask them to write their notes. Setting up your board takes less than one minute, and you can run these energizers in less than 5 minutes. This is a perfect way to break the ice before your retrospective or meeting.
Continue to run great retrospectives and have fun!
Give It a Try (as a Participant) – Spot the Movies
Please, time yourself – you only have one minute. Follow these steps:
- Open this link to access the “Spot the Movies” board I have created for this article.
- Scan the image and write down all the movie names you can identify.
- For each movie you spot, write the movie title and hit the “+” button.
- After one minute, click “Send” to submit your answers.
- Check the answers other readers have left on the board
Give It a Try (as a Participant) – Caption This
- Open this link to access the “Caption This” board I have created for this article.
- View the image provided.
- Write a creative caption for the image in the space provided.
- Enjoy the other captions other readers have left on the board
From the FunRetropsectives.com site…
Spot the Movies
Spot the Movies is a fun and straightforward energizer that tests people’s attention to detail and sparks conversations among movie enthusiasts.
Step by Step:
- Display the selected image and instruct participants to write down how many movies they can spot within one minute.
- Keep track of the time (one minute is recommended).
- Invite someone to share the movies they found in the image.
- Call upon another participant to share if they have identified additional movies.
- Continue calling on participants until no one else has discovered any more movies.
- Consider sharing the URL with the answers to the selected image for reference.
Remote Team Advice: Share the image on the online board and ask participants to write their answers.
“Caption This” is a lively and engaging activity designed to capture everyone’s attention and create a fun and interactive experience. It’s a simple yet effective way to energize your team and stimulate their creativity. All you need is a captivating image that sparks curiosity and imagination.
Running the Activity:
- Share a thought-provoking image (Tip: Search for captivating and intriguing images that leave room for interpretation).
- Instruct each participant to individually write a creative caption for the image. Encourage them to think outside the box and let their imaginations run wild.
- Invite each participant to share the caption they came up with.
Remote Team Advice: Share the image on the online board and ask participants to write their individual captions (on the board itself).